Important Facts To Know About Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik eye surgery is a painless and quick way to get a clear vision with glasses and contact lenses. Many people wish to get rid of their glasses and lenses. So, your wish has come true as now you can get clear and stable vision with your naked eye. You can visit my clinic if you wish to get Lasik surgery Delhi. It is very important to schedule a meeting with an eye expert to know your success rate. However, the success and recovery rate of Lasik surgery is very high. Most of the patients have gained 20/25 vision or even better. But the success of your surgery depends upon your eye health, the thickness of the cornea, refractive error, etc. If you are above 20 years with a stable glass power prescription then you can consider Lasik surgery.
Do not worry about the expense of the surgery because the Lasik surgery cost in India is affordable. It costs about 15-20k per eye and depends upon the kind of Lasik suitable for your eyes. The surgery does not involve any use of blades and is totally reliable. Here are some facts that you should know about Lasik eye surgery.
- Know if you are a good candidate for Lasik: Lasik surgery has a quick recovery but its success rate largely depends upon the individual. So, consult an eye expert who can check you thoroughly and examine if it is suitable for you or not. You are eligible for the surgery if you are suffering from either myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism. Your age should be at least 20 years with constant eye power for the past year. You must not have any eye infection, glaucoma, cataract, dry eyes, or very thin cornea.
- Know your surgeon: Before selecting your surgeon, do proper research about them. Choose an experienced, board-qualified ophthalmologist. Ask them directly about the risks and success rate.
- Your refractive error should be within range of Lasik: The surgeon calculates your refractive error to determine the amount of tissue to be removed from your cornea. This refractive error should lie within the range that the laser can fix. For patients suffering from myopia it should be up to -12.00 D. And for hyperopia patients it can be up to +6.00 D. For astigmatism, it should be up to 6 diopters.
- Make sure you are healthy: A patient suffering from diabetes or heart condition is not the best candidate for the surgery. Every surgery has its own risks so your body should be able to handle them. Thus, you should be in good health for Lasik eye surgery. It is suggested that pregnant women should wait for their child’s birth for this laser treatment.
- Know the risks: Ask your surgeon about the complications that may arise. Also, beware that you may suffer from dry eyes and itching for 2-3 months. However, these are temporary side effects but make sure that you use lubricating eye drops and prescribed medicines.